Friday, July 10, 2009

what were they thinking???

Last night Bobby, my brother and sister-in-law and I decided after dinner to go see Public Enemies. We all enter the theatre excited thinking that this movie will be really exciting. Then after watching 20 minutes of commercials (which I hate -- if I wanted to see commercials I would have stayed at home and watched a movie on TNT) and previews which I love (Bobby won the preview game last night by guessing 6, stupid me and my pick of 5) the movie finally begins. It starts out promising and then continues to drag on and on and on and on and...you get the picture. I mean how can you make a movie about bank robbing, death, and shootings bad? Well good job Michael Mann (the director) you did it. I mean honestly this movie should have been on the history channel I really kept expecting a voice over from Edward Herrmann (grandfather in Gilmore Girls who also narrates a lot of History Channel stuff). Johnny Depp did a great job and Christian Bale did well with what they gave him but I kept expecting his character to do something spectacular and it never happened they just didn't give him much to work with, I am really surprised that they chose to do this movie. Anyway that is enough my ranting, this is just my opinion so if you are dying to see it don't let me stop you but I really would say don't waste your money as all of us who saw it last night rated it as one of the worst movies we have seen in the theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment