Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Thanks for that...whatever that was

In the movie Cabin Boy there is a scene where this guy is dancing -- and Chris Elliot says, "Thanks for that...whatever that was." The other day those were my sentiments exactly. Bobby and I went to a great bluegrassy concert. But before the concert began I noticed that these people brought in some hula hoops and I thought "huh what is going on here." As the show began these people began hula hooping to the music. I mean it was crazy, this wasn't your elementary school hula hooping--they were using their necks, legs, and fingers to hoop along to the music, they were serious about this hula hooping. It was really like a train wreck you just couldn't stop watching, this was quite the amazing once in a lifetime experience, it really was one of the silliest things I have ever seen.

But here is the thing, these people were pretty much a spectacle but they were doing something they loved and really feeling the music. So here is my question why can't more of us act this way in worship? I mean these people were at a Bluegrass concert making fools of themselves for Old Crow Medicine Show. Why can't we get into worship this much, why can't we let go and not care that others are watching and that they might be pointing fingers and snickering at us. I mean people thought that David was literally insane due to his singing and dancing.

So who's bringing their hula hoop to church on Sunday??

No comments:

Post a Comment